- Program Performance Improvements
- Utilization of Change Management Principles
- Improvement of Engineering Programs (e.g. EQ, Fire Protection, ISI, IST, AOV, MOV, Circuit Breakers, Check Valves, Erosion Corrosion etc.)
Licensing and Regulatory Reviews
Since 2003, Empyrean Services has been providing review of NRC License Renewal Applications from U.S. licensees, applications for design certifications for the new reactors under the Combined Operating License Application (COLA) process.
Complex Technical Evaluations
Empyrean offers the services of seasoned industry experts in design reviews, complex root cause evaluations, design certifications of new reactors in specialized areas (e.g. Emergency Diesel Generators, Fire Protection, Electrical Engineering and others). Many of these individuals have also worked in the past as NRC Inspection Team members.
Empyrean has managed projects ranging from complex design retrofit modifications to new /construction projects. Examples:
- Project management of service water system piping modifications
- Management of program for operational excellence
- Project management of operational readiness review program for a new build
- Project management for non‐core and core equipment (procurement, design, installation through commissioning) for a uranium enrichment facility
- Configuration management
- Emergency diesel generator reliability improvement
- Preventive maintenance enhancement project
- Engineering program improvement
- Project management for 95‐002 and 95‐003 improvement/restart activities
- Project management for procedure development program for a new‐build
Construction Management and Field Engineering
We bring significant experience in construction of large nuclear facilities including Construction Project Management, Construction Engineering and Field Engineering Support, Construction Co‐ordination and estimating and scheduling support.
Coaching and Mentoring
As an executive and senior management consulting company, we provide coaching and mentoring services to Site Vice Presidents, Engineering Directors and Senior Managers in the nuclear industry.
Operational Readiness Reviews
Empyrean personnel have been certified as ORR Team Leads and ORR Team Members. We have performed Operational Readiness Reviews (ORR) as Team Leads and as Team Members for many nuclear facilities in the areas of Operations, Maintenance, Radiation Protection, Nuclear Material Control, Integrated Safety Analysis, Fire Protection, Training, Nuclear Criticality and Safety.
Management Self-Assessments and Due Diligence
Empyrean has performed numerous self‐assessments and participated in due diligence activities of large asset acquisition (e.g. nuclear power plants).
Examples of assessments
- Site‐Wide Self Assessments
- Life Cycle Assessment of Pickering Units 2 and 3 Restart at Ontario Power Generation
- Annual Assessment of the QA Program Effectiveness for National Enrichment Facility
- Assessment of the Fuelling Machine Maintenance Strategy
- Assessment of the Strategy for Achieving Engineering Excellence
- Assessment of Program for Operational Excellence
- Pre‐WANO/INPO Assessments