Job ID: Job-09537686
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: Commercial Construction, Superintendent, Telecom
• Monitor, verify and report on construction activities for compliance with the schedule; track and report on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assist craft/subcontractors in resolving problems and report on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitor discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Take necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Conduct foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develop and monitor 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope.
• Develop corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verify that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develop, monitor, and report on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities.
• Maintain a daily log for site records.
• Review all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Monitor supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets.
• Communicate and coordinate assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents and Construction Manager.
• Monitor assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develop a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
• Assist Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assist the Construction Engineer / Architect in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required.
• Administer the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develop and distribute a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identify Potential backcharges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager. Support commercial recovery process.
• Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adhere to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Support continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• 5+ years experience as Superintendent 2 on similar projects or equivalent. Construction Management and Contract Administration training and qualification required.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment on-boarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Engineering or Construction Management degree.
• Budget and Cost Control skills.
• Industrial relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues.
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Construction safety awareness and comprehension.
• Conflict Management skills.
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work).
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
• Project Management skills.
• Communication skills.
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline.
• Constructability Knowledge within other disciplines.
• Conceptual Planning ability.
• Legal Contract understanding (EPC / Subcontracts).
• Leadership ability.
• Human Relations skills.
• Risk Assessment/Management.
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems.
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures.
• Construction Guides and Standards.
• Computer skills.
• Training Certificates.
• OSHA Training required and Qualification 40 Hours.
• Cost control, back charges and schedule training and qualification.
• Industrial Relations training.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)