• The Work Management Specialist, under close supervision, is responsible for routine aspects of project control assignments.
• This position may be exposed to the more complex aspects of estimating, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting, accounts payable functions, change documentation and cost control for orientation and training purposes.
• Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing specific portions of project control assignments.
• It requires understanding and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate Periodic Project Controls Reports.
• Generate or assist in generating daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly project controls reports.
• Be responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting.
• Be responsible for assisting in distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate.
• Perform Change Control.
• Assist in tracking and managing changes to the project scope, schedule and cost baseline.
• Identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate).
• Expertise in Project Controls Methodologies.
• Develop and maintain WBS, project schedules, cost estimates, track and trend cash flow reports, change control documentation (scope, cost or schedule) and/or any reports associated with project controls.
• Track and report project status performs variance, earned value and critical path analyses at a level appropriate for the project.
• Knowledge of software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Excel, Pass Port, Power plan, Peoplesoft .
• PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP)
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS & DEGREES:
• 2 year Associates Degree – Business, Finance, Project Management, Engineering, technical, or equivalent and 0+ years of experience 2+ Years of directly related current experience in lieu of a degree.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS & DEGREES:
• 4 year degree – Business, Finance, Project Management, Engineering, technical, or equivalent from a fully accredited school (AACSB and SACS) PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP)
• Experience using Software such as Primavera, Business Objects, MS Office Suite (Excel), Pass-Port (CAS), Power Plan, and PeopleSoft
• Utility knowledge or background Corporate Finance Budgeting practices
• Understanding of the PMCoE project lifecycle
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)