Scope of Work:
In this position, a Principal Product Engineer - Auxiliary Equipment can expect to be responsible for the following:
· Support the overall project management of the procurement and delivery of Auxiliary Equipment for AP1000 projects, including the addressing of technical items, planning and scheduling requirements and overall execution of the necessary actions to achieve schedule, cost, quality, and product performance.
· Work interactively with the Sourcing Lead and other Product Engineers and the Quality and Engineering organizations on the Auxiliary Equipment bid packages. The Product Engineer will follow and participate in the entire procurement process to ensure that the nuclear power plant customer and Westinghouse requirements are fulfilled.
· Execute the order implementation and control, and resolution of problems for assigned commodities. Direct resolution of highly complex technical, contractual, and financial problems; manage needs of supplier and internal personnel/organizations. Make technical and commercial decisions as appropriate.
· Prepare proposal/contract inputs, presentations, and participate in contract negotiations. Communicate supplier feedback to engineering and supply chain management. Prepare necessary reports and status documents as required by the project organization.
· Maintain critical multi-business unit relationships for prompt resolution of engineering requirement conflicts.
· Conduct necessary risk analysis for sourcing decisions. Regularly update status to communicate across the company.
· Coordinate the efforts for internal groups in an integrated manner to accomplish tasks and resolve problems.
· Monitor, review and expedite suppler document submittals as required.
· Acts as the communication focal point between Westinghouse and relevant suppliers.
· Maintain schedules for the work associated with document processing, manufacturing, testing, shipping and delivery of assigned Auxiliary Equipment commodities.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering
· 10+years of experience in the management of technical, administrative and project activities to provide services/systems for highly complex/large integrated/multi-functional programs/projects.
· A working knowledge of Pressurized Water Reactor systems is desired.
· A sound technical basis in mechanical equipment. Familiarity with SAP, Lean, Six Sigma and related manufacturing processes is strongly desired.
· Project Management skill including demonstrated capability to coordinate multiple organizations in a matrix environment, with commitment to meeting schedule requirements is required.
· The candidate should have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within Westinghouse, our suppliers, customers and the plant constructor.
· Advanced knowledge of scheduling (P6 and MS Project) is a fundamental part of the process, as all the activities must be coordinated through a unified set of scheduled logically tied activities.
· This position will include supporting multiple Customer/Supplier contracts. The PE will work effectively with internal contract personnel and will become a SME on Auxiliary Equipment.
· Assume lead responsibility to promptly resolve scope, warranty, deficiency, and cost or schedule conflicts. Assure issues are promptly resolved internally.
· PMI certification is desired.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)