Job ID: Job-0533
Location: Welch, MN
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: Project Support Analyst, modification, nuclear
The purpose of this position is to provide Project Support, including but not limited to:
• Assist in performing research, records management and distribution of all Engineering Change modification documentation, including:
a) QF-501, QF-506, QF-507, QF-511, QF-512, QF-515A, QF-515B, QF-516, QF-517, QF-522, QF-525, QF-527, QF-528, QF-531, QF-532, QF-533, QF-545, QF-546, QF-547, QF-549, QF-550, QF-551, QF-554, QF-555, QF-556, QF-557, QF-560, QF-562, QF-566, QF-570,
• EC modification drawings, vendor manuals, calculations, specifications, reports, etc.
• Initiate Project EC records and distribute Project Meeting Minutes in accordance with Site plans, programs and processes
• Be Xcel Energy Qualified (e.g., key holder) for obtaining microfilm records in the vaults;
• Perform research in obtaining Licensing and Design Bases documents, in both Passport and microfilm, to assist any and all Capital Projects Project Managers;
• Xcel Energy Qualified in maintaining Controlled Drawings sets in the Field during the Construction & Installation portion of the Routine Capital Project modifications, including: o Qualified in the QF-511, Construction Change Notice.
• Qualified in the QF-512, Drawing Transmittal Process.
• Ensuring the latest copies of modification drawings are maintained in the Field Controlled drawing sticks.
• Ensure the Routine Capital Project Collaborative Website Logs are updated with all transactions.
• Assist all Routine Capital Project Managers with Project Impact Notices (PINs), including:
• Initiating ARs to support Project Impact Notices
• Routing PINs for approval
• Updating Routine Capital Main Collaborative Website PIN Logs.
• Assist in the preparation and review of project NPA’s (Nuclear Project Authorization), Studies, FAR’s (Funding Authorization Request), in accordance with the site processes and procedures
• Assist with obtaining and providing relevant PINGP design and licensing basis information to incorporate into necessary documents related to the specific projects and engineering changes
• Assist with reviews of any and all project documents (procedure mark ups, design documents, project management documents) for conformance with the approved design documentation related to each specific Routine Capital project
• Assist each Project Manager as a non-technical interface between Project Management, Site Stakeholders, External Design Organizations (EDO), and Equipment Suppliers during Routine Capital Project modifications and review non-technical activities that support each Project
• Work closely with the External Design Engineering Organizations non-Technical personnel, site responsible engineer and, applicable Project Manager(s) in assisting EC Package preparation documents to ensure the latest documents are maintained in Passport
• Provide updates on assigned activities, progress, etc. during meetings, to the applicable Routine Capital Project Manager(s)
• Escalate non-Technical issues to applicable Project Manager(s) so actions can be taken to ensure the schedule and project milestones are met
• Complete assigned project support and coordination work utilizing unifier, passport and other site computer programs and processes, while shepherding key documents and deliverables in order to meet project objectives and milestones
• Follow all site and corporate procedures;
• Validate personal qualifications prior to performing work;
• Accept and complete work activities assigned by the applicable Project Manager(s) associated with the assigned modifications;
• Ensure Corrective Actions are completed per their assigned due dates and that all Corrective Action Closure notes are detailed to document the resolution to all issues, as necessary;
• Preparation, review, validation, oversight and processing of all non-Technical Routine Capital Project related documentation, including EC Packages (forms listed above), Status Reports, FAR’s, NPA’s, Procedure Change Requests (PCRs), and Project Plan related documents;
• Obtain and maintain applicable Qualifications, including Site Badging, etc., as necessary;
• Work with the Project Manager(s) to help ensure that EDO’s comply with the site procedures, processes and contract;
• The site will assist in providing training support as needed any required qualifications for PINGP Site Processes and Procedures. For instances where the individual has previously been qualified within the fleet, full qualification to the applicable process will be reinstated in accordance with Training Department requirements;
• There will be times that the individual will need to work 12 hour days or nights especially during Refueling Outages. Long periods of 72 hour work weeks may be required;
• The person hired for this position must be able to walk long distances, be able to endure all plant conditions such as elevated temperature and climbing of ladders.
• The position requires walk downs in all areas of the plant and could include the containment for certain positions.
• Ability to qualify as a Radiation Worker will be required.