Job ID: Job-0928
Location: Overland Park, KS
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: Electrical Engineer, T&D, substation, voltage
• Engineering Standards: Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and company policies and procedures. Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate.
• Quality / Continuous Improvement: Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with company quality program relative to assigned tasks. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Engineering Production: Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements. Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
• May provide direction and guidance to others.
• Project Coordination: Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects. Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
• Client Focus: Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership. Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities. Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
• People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring): May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• 8+ years of related work experience.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment on-boarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, And Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)