This position is responsible for managing for all aspects of complex, high costs, high risk projects. This position is responsible for project scope, time, cost, risk, and quality. The Senior Project Manager may also be accountable for directing support persons including appropriate levels within the PM/PC Position Hierarchy. This position is accountable for maintaining effective relationships with customers and stakeholders, and gaining their trust and respect. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for directing and managing the resolution of quality issues/manages proposals, project tasks, reports, etc, within established budgets/schedules. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for managing, mentoring/coaching assigned Project Management personnel.
· Ensure project success
· Manage cash flow; achieve expected cash position,
· Deliver completed project successfully/ensure all project measures of success are achieved
· Direct project controls activities or self perform according to project size/complexity
· Develop estimates/proposals,
· Conduct effective project meetings (project kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, and progress review)
· Provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate line management,
· Assure project team members' understanding of performance expectations with relation to project
· Establish and manage effective change control and risk management processes,
· Manage all aspects of contract administration, establishing the system to carry out the contract including management of subcontractors,
· Manage client needs, ensuring effective business relationships are in place and trusted by the customer,
· Establish project reporting and status for the project team, management, and client,
· Manage the invoicing process to ensure timely payment of invoices,
· Maintain effective relationships / interactions with customers, stakeholders, and community,
· Develop presentations for the client, community outreach, management team and teammates,
· Manage EH&S/Quality programs appropriate for the project,
· Manage the project in accordance with NGD Policies and Procedures,
· Develop and implement an effective project resource management plan
· Baccalaureate Degree in technical or business curriculum plus completion of nine (9) years relevant experience, or have completed thirteen (13) years relevant and equivalent experience,
· Proven track record as a Project Manager on the following: Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Cost Plus, and Alliance projects
· Specialized knowledge of PMI Guide to Project Management Book of Knowledge®,
· Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency,
· Proven track record of effective written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices, making oral presentations to large/diverse groups, initiative and independence with a bias towards action, project environment; effective time management skills, demonstrated effective, assertive decision making skills, able to see big picture, project management fundamentals, project accounting practices/financial systems (revenue recognition, invoicing and cash flow, system input and reporting requirements related to projects).
· Proven track record in leading and influencing others to work in a co-operative team-oriented environment with little or no reliance on authority to implement actions,
· Proven track record of quickly and accurately analyzing key issues or situations,
· Make sound, logical, and timely decisions even with limited information,
· Proven track record of consistency between communication and behavior,
· Proven track record of maintaining constructive internal and external relationships while effectively navigating organizational barriers, attentiveness/responsiveness in all interactions, receptive to other's ideas, timely, tactful, to the right person communications.
· Proven track record of managing a diverse group, multiple projects, creating business opportunities that add value and increase profitability, licensing, permitting and other interactions with governmental agencies,
· PMP certification.
1. Project Financial Performance:
Achieve project financial goals through effective management of costs, revenue, cash flow, and accounts receivables. Anticipate problems & seize opportunities.
2. Planning and Control:
Effectively direct / manage planning, organizing, and monitoring project progress. Direct / manage activities to identify, monitor and effectively mitigate risk events. Anticipate problems & seize opportunities. Negotiate scope changes to create positive impact to overall project results. Deliver successful project by ensuring project deliverables are produced in accordance with schedule and contract requirements.
3. Project Execution:
Client Focus: Demonstrate understanding of client requirements and effectively incorporate requirements and innovative solutions into project deliverables. Maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect. Manage customer expectations.
Quality: Ensure resolution of quality issues when first identified including adverse trends and take appropriate corrective action. Ensure assignments are consistently and accurately completed (proposals, project tasks, reports, etc) within negotiated budgets and schedules.
Ownership: Function as an owner of the business by making prudent, cost-effective decisions. Demonstrate personal accountability and responsibility for work. Direct / manage issues to result in positive solutions.
Teamwork: Develop effective work relationships with teammates and stakeholders to achieve overall success for the individuals, team, business unit and company. Effectively communicate work progress, issues, and opportunities to teammates and management in a timely and appropriate manner.
Manage through Systems: Ensure project team develops and uses practices, processes, and procedures that promote effective project management.
4. Project Management, Leadership, and Mentoring:
Direct / manage to motivate project team and others to achieve objectives through enthusiasm and excitement. Clearly and consistently communicate status and long-range directions. Transfer experience and knowledge to others through coaching and mentoring.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)