Job ID: Job-0246
Location: Multiple Locations in US
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: Cost Estimator, nuclear, outage
Description:Empyrean Services is seeking Nuclear Cost Estimators at all experience levels for upcoming outage related projects.
COST ESTIMATING TECHNICIAN
• Under appropriate supervision, the Cost Estimating Technician will perform routine cost estimates for the variety of outage related projects. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex assignments.
• 1-3 years experience in cost estimating experience in construction management
• Ability to utilize Primavera (P6), Maximo, SAP, Passport or Sharepoint or other scheduling
• Strong knowledge of MS Office products
• Familiarity with outages procedures is a PLUS
• Must be able to obtain an unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant
Cost Estimator will be responsible for developing conceptual and definitive cost estimates for the variety of outage and maintenance related projects. Will perform cost management and cost-control of capital projects that are selected for cost tracking. This will be accomplished by working with personnel from the plant sites, project managers, cost estimators, schedulers, financial services, and others. This position will be responsible for managing the budget, change orders, commitments, actuals, and projections.
• 5-8 years of on-site walk downs at commercial nuclear plants for project scope development and information gathering
• Engineering or Design experience is desirable
• Major emphasis is on the implementation costs of projects
• Proven success in setting priorities and managing resources and workload
• Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Solid understanding of estimating and material take-off techniques, unit price cost data, classes of estimates, work breakdown structures (WBS), and estimating database maintenance as they apply to complex nuclear industry projects
• In-depth knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction processes associated with nuclear projects
• Thorough knowledge of estimating software and tools; familiarity with cost control and scheduling tools and processes.
• Knowledge of Maximo, SAP, Passport or Sharepoint and their capabilities as a resource to support material pricing for estimating development.
• Knowledge of risk analysis, contingency, and escalation assessment.
• Understanding of heavy industrial construction procedures and methods, nuclear site factors and market condition’s impact on project costs and properly reflect in estimate.
SENIOR COST ESTIMATOR
• Senior Cost Estimator will be responsible for managing the generation of cost estimates for the outage and maintenance related nuclear power plant projects. Will be expected to use estimating methodologies to perform complex cost analysis and develop internal tools and processes to accurately estimate capital costs projects and resource requirements through close collaboration with design and construction, architects and engineers, and product teams. Senior Cost Estimator also will develop the necessary feedback loops and benchmarking capabilities to ensure consistency and accuracy across project’s pipeline.
• 10+ years of overall cost estimating experience in the commercial nuclear power plant industry.
• Review and analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to ensure accurate, timely preparation of cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
• Consult with construction project manager to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve technical problems related to estimating the cost of labor and materials for construction projects.
• Establish and coordinate completion dates and technical specifications in estimates for project teams, by calculating and using a computer aided system; estimating manpower, equipment, and material needs; coordinating with field personnel to schedule work; and continually evaluating progress and results.
• Establish procedures and methods for preparing and communicating accurate, complete, and reliable cost estimates free of errors or omissions.
• Quantify project components and BOM for cost-estimation tools to ensure accuracy.
• Complete internal administrative documentation, including project logs, files, records and reports pertaining to estimating function; and may also include bids, cost estimates, state and federal regulations and codes.
• Contribute to written and up-to-date cost estimation guidelines, manuals, and policies and procedures that reflect industry best practices, in accordance with regulatory frameworks that govern the profession and established university policies and procedures.
• Develop necessary standards, documentation, and organizational structure to ensure consistent and accountable cost estimates.
• Partner with Project Managers and Superintendents on problem resolution, implementing ongoing efficiencies, and improving ways of accomplishing project goals.
• Recommend and incorporate changes in procedures, objectives, or best practices based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials.