Desired Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· College diploma or University degree in a technical or business field preferred, or equivalent experience working in a nuclear estimating and/or construction environment.
· Experience in nuclear plant screening, feasibility, control, and detailed level estimating, including 5 plus years of on-site walk downs at nuclear plants for project scope development and information gathering.
· Engineering or Design experience is desirable.
· Major emphasis is on the implementation costs of projects.
· Proven success in setting priorities, and managing resources and workload.
· Experience in working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Solid understanding of estimating and material take-off techniques, unit price cost data, classes of estimates, work breakdown structures (WBS), and estimating database maintenance as they apply to complex nuclear industry projects.
· In-depth knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction processes associated with nuclear projects. Knowledge of estimating software and tools; (WinEst experience highly preferred) familiarity with cost control and scheduling tools and processes.
· Knowledge of Maximo and its capabilities as a resource to support material pricing for estimating development. Understanding of PowerPlan and the ability to obtain actual project costs for use in comparing estimates to actual costs.
· Knowledge of risk analysis, contingency, and escalation assessment.
· Understanding of heavy industrial construction procedures and methods, nuclear site factors and market condition's impact on project costs and properly reflect in estimate.
· Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
· Personal ownership and initiative
· Must have demonstrated an ability to successfully set priorities & implement objectives Ability to communicate in a technical and user- friendly language Ability to take personal ownership and initiative.
· Ability to obtain unescorted access to the protected area of a nuclear plant.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)