Responsible for serving the SNC Major Projects group with cost analysis in support closing of completed projects and reduction of current completed project backlog, to include preparation of monthly report to management.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Bachelor degree in a technical or business field is preferred
· Proficient in Project Closing Process
· Proficient in cost management/control of EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) projects
· Experience as a Cost Analyst w/detailed use of work breakdown and cost codes is a plus
· Experience with contract administration and computer-based job costing
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Knowledge of Work Management System and supporting systems
· Be proficient in the use of PowerPlant, MAXIMO, and other cost and commitment systems at SNC
· Knowledge of cost and scheduling techniques, methods and procedures
· Ad hoc report writing skills using MRS (Microsoft Reporting System), Crystal, or other report writing tools is an asset
· Excellent analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
· Personal ownership and initiative
· Ability to communicate ideas in both a technical and user-friendly language
· Ability to facilitate and manage data inputs and changes across multiple organizations
The primary role of the Project Controls Cost Analyst will be to work with Project Managers and other Cost Analysts in closing Projects and reduction of the current closeout backlog and to perform, as needed cost management and control of capital projects that are selected for cost tracking. This will be accomplished by working with personnel from the plant sites, project managers, cost estimators, financial, and others. The Project Control Cost Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the control budget, change orders, commitments, actual and projections. Below are some of the duties to be performed by the individual filling this role:
· Assist and coordinate the implementation of standard cost/portfolio reporting and practices in support of project management
· Work with other Cost Analysts in developing a cost/schedule coding structure (WBS) for use at SNC.
· Work closely with the Project Controls Team to develop a detailed control budget for cost tracking by integrating the required information from the estimate (WinEst) and schedule
· Work with Project Manager to develop cash flow curves for all projects to be tracked
· Monitor all project commitments & expenditures for correctness of cost coding
· Interface with financial to correct erros in the commitment or payment process and insure accuracy in the cost system
· Establish relationships with site Budget Coordinators to enlist their support in tracking craft labor and site related expenses
· Issue monthly cost reports and analyze and report variances from project budget vs. forecast. It is highly desirable for the individual to be able to write ad hoc reports using MRS (Microsoft Reporting System), Crystal, and other report writing tools.
· Review monthly project cost report with the Project Manager to insure that projections are complete and accurate
· Keep track of all scope changes and insure that they are included in the project cost report and properly forecast
· Coordinate with the Project Scheduler to ensure that the cost projections are properly aligned with the project duration
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)