Job ID: Job-0508
Location: Cranberry, PA
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: Cyber Security, Nuclear, NEI 08-09, Regulatory Guide 5.71 control frameworks
This position is for a Cyber Security Assessor tasked with performing compliance assessments within an industrial control system environment. The candidate should have multiple years of experience in information/cyber security and understand the core principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability. Additionally, the candidate should be experienced or have a familiarity with multiple IT disciplines and understand complex operating systems, network communications, and network protocols.
• Performing cyber security assessments using NEI 08-09 and Regulatory Guide 5.71 control frameworks.
• Performing tabletop reviews and walk-downs to validate connectivity and other asset characteristics.
• Gathering and identifying asset information relevant to an asset’s compliance with security controls.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with a concentration in Information Security and Assurance is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is also acceptable combined with relevant Information/Cyber Security experience.
• Six years of relevant job experience may also be accepted as an alternative.
• Experience performing security audit/assessments
• Experience with security control frameworks such as NIST 800-53, 20 Critical Controls, ISO 27002, etc.
• Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX operating system administration or auditing
• Experience with network switch, router and firewall administration or auditing
• Experience with security technologies including NIDS, vulnerability scanners, anti-virus, application whitelisting, file integrity monitoring, unidirectional gateways, etc,
One or multiple of the following certifications are preferred.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
• GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
Characteristics and Skills:
• Proficient in both written and oral communication
• Ability to think critically to solve problems
• Ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism
• Ability to exercise a questioning attitude and postulate “what-if” scenarios
• Ability to travel to client’s sites in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
• Ability to be granted 10 CFR 73.56 Trustworthy and Reliable clearance.