Job ID: Job-0531
Location: Corvallis, OR
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: I&C Engineer, nuclear, ITAAC, NQA-1, CFR
Description:SCOPE OF WORK:
• Sr. I&C Engineer to support detailed design and equipment selection for their small modular reactor.
• Assume the duties of the client Sr. I&C Engineer within the client organization to address I&C design issues.
• Apply expert level engineering principles, techniques and practices in the preparation and/or review of I&C System design work products such as, one-line diagrams, logic diagrams, system and equipment requirement specifications, system design documents, engineering studies, engineering calculations, engineering reports, hazard analyses, and Inspections, Tests, and Analysis Acceptance Criteria (ITAAC).
• Plan and coordinate detailed aspects of the engineering work. Support preparation of work scope and schedule for assignments.
• Compile functional and design requirements into component and system design with consideration for system interfaces, manufacturability, serviceability and in-service inspection.
• Develop department R&D needs and contributes to methodology development.
• Interpret scope and project requirements and develop design alternatives. Plan, organize, and perform complex assignments in a team environment.
• Provide mentoring and technical direction to less experienced engineers. Serve as a technical lead for the design of systems, structures, and components. Responsible for results and engineering oversight.
• Regularly interact with directors and/or major clients. Create formal networks and may serve as an internal and/or external spokesperson for the organization regarding specialized projects or programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• PE license or advanced degree
• Systems engineering experience.
• Detailed knowledge and experience with neutron flux detection instrumentation is strongly preferred.
• Other related experience may be considered.
• In-depth understanding of engineering concepts, principles, theories.
• Strong technical writing skills. Good communication, computer, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
• Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
• BS in Electrical or Nuclear Engineering or a technically-related discipline.
• 12+ years of progressively responsible commercial nuclear experience in electrical or I&C design, analysis, or engineering.
Eligible to work under export controls requirements of Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.