Scope of Work:
The individual will serve as an Engineer in their area of expertise (Electrical) for the Fleet License Renewal Implementation Project. This individual will work to provide engineering support for License Renewal activities at McGuire, Catawba and Harris under General Office Guidance. Examples of current activities may include the following:
· Acts as an engineer responsible for the development of documentation packages to confirm NRC License Renewal Commitments have been completed in relation.
· This position will require active coordination with station System and Component Engineers, Station Maintenance Organization, Regulatory Compliance, Procedure Writers, Work Planning, and other groups as identified to actively manage multiple work tasks; including:
a. Maintaining close working relationship with Implementation Manager to track progress of scheduled
inspection work and ensuring that any inspections not scheduled are being planned.
b. Managing required procedure and UFSAR changes by submitting change packages with supporting
applicability and 50.59 evaluations.
c. Managing Commitment Closure Package quality and schedule.
· Primary responsibility shall be to conduct research to ensure that all actions that have been committed to are complete. Assembling consistent, organized, and accurate documentation packages for presentation to the NRC is the key deliverable for this activity.
· Working knowledge of licensing documents such as a Safety Evaluation Report (SER), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and License Renewal Application, as well as key Design Basis documents including calculations, system and program descriptions, and engineering drawings.
· Working with the station program owners and system engineers to identify the implementation documents (work orders, procedures, inspection plans, etc.) already completed and to identify activities that have yet to be scheduled and completed.
· Prepares thorough and accurate documentation packages that will become the bases for compliance with License Renewal NRC Commitments. Packages shall include such documents as completed work orders, inspection reports, third party technical reports, completed test reports, correspondence, and listings of inspections and tests to be performed going forward.
· Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
· Maintains accurate records and files.
· Perform a support role to the stations for engineering processes including aging management reviews and station inspections, etc.
· Previous experience in Licensing or License Renewal Program work is required and viewed to be highly desirable.
· Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of electrical engineering concepts related to component and system degradation, corrosion types and concepts, coatings assessment, and related aging assessment concepts.
· Working knowledge of engineering in nuclear plant including work implementation processes.
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or related field).
· 10+ years experience at a nuclear utility.
· Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
· Demonstrated excellent technical writing and the ability to develop and document engineering analyses.
· Demonstrated self-motivating, self-initiating, leadership attributes and assumes full responsibility for assignments.
· Demonstrated effective planning, time management, and prioritizing skills to achieve desired results with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated effective communication, speaking, negotiating, and influencing skills.
· Demonstrated team leadership skills.
· Working knowledge with Microsoft Office applications.
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal and team oriented skills.
· Demonstrated results oriented bias for action.
· Experience at a Duke nuclear facility with a working knowledge of the work control processes (initiate, plan, schedule, etc.).
· Previous experience as a Component, Program, or System/Plant Engineer in a related area.
· Working knowledge of wide range of structure and component periodic testing and inspection evolutions.
· Understanding of basic principles of project management.
· Understanding of Passport Asset Suite software tool (CAS, Ventyx, Fusion, etc.)
· Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related Technical field
· Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
· Proficiency with MS Office, previous exposure to work planning and management software tools
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)