Job ID: Job-0904
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Job Type: Contract
Primary Skills: Site Acquisition, Telecom, Manager, leasing, zoning
• This role will include both management of a small staff and some self performing.
• Previous field experience in leasing, zoning, permitting in the Bay area of Northern California is required.
• Previous experience with commercial land development is also preferred.
• Serve as a main client interface which includes providing reports and attending status meetings.
• For new-build projects, responsible for managing site acquisition activities from initial search ring release through Notice to Proceed (NTP).
• For site modification projects, responsible for managing site acquisition activities from leasing and zoning audit through NTP.
• Provide leadership and develop professional career growth opportunities within the Site Acquisition team.
• Assist Proposal Manager with the response to RFPs, RFIs, bids, and other project proposal documents.
• Prepare or review reports, forms, correspondence, e-mail messages, logs, budget documents, group goals and objectives.
• Establish project policies and procedures.
• Implements strategies and priorities to meet client goals.
• Provide training and supervision to the Site Acquisition team.
• Supervise the administration, planning, operations, and work of consultants, subcontractors, and independent contractors.
• Communicate with team members and other departments regarding project status.
• Manage quality control of project documents and deliverables.
• Attend or direct field site visits for candidate and engineering viability.
• In complex cases, interviews zoning/permitting personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements.
• Review collocation applications and submittals.
• Manage the Site Acquisition Specialists as they coordinate with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as project scope defines.
• Monitor and track progress on all open projects.
• Reviews and approves payment of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with clients.
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
• Manage the verification of Enhanced 911 addressing.
• Supervise work of others.
• Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. List supervised positions: Site Acquisition Associates and Specialists (ADM Levels 1-4).
• 4 year degree or equivalent work experience.
• 7 years of telecommunications industry experience.
• 3 years of site acquisition and land use experience.
• 2 years supervisory and/or vendor management experience
• Real estate, sales, or legal negotiation experience (required).
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following:
criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
• Law degree or Urban Planning degree preferred.
PREFERRED NON-TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
• Command Skills
• Confronting Direct Reports
• Directing Others
• Learning on the Fly
• Priority Setting
PREFERRED TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to work independently as well as with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to provide audits for quality control of project and site specific documentation
• Real estate, or legal negotiation experience required
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
• Ability to read and comprehend legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground
leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Support, and comply with the division’s Quality Management System and the Environmental,
Safety, Health and Security Program
• Training Certificates
• Active Real Estate License or law license may be required in certain regions
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)