Scope of Work:
Ø Effectively execute the Logistics 13.2 policy and procedure
• Logistics Service Providers – Assure that appropriate Logistics Service Providers have been sourced and are available for planned domestic and international shipments for the full scope of each shipment including: other-the-road, rail, air, ocean, warehousing, project cargo, standard cargo, etc.
• Shipment Demands – Maintain all planned shipment information including requests, ASN’s, system generated demands, etc. Coordinate with other departments to assure complete list of planned shipments is visible and actively managed.
• Determine Packing and Transportation Requirements – Coordinate with Transportation Engineering, Projects, Project Site, Supply Chain and Suppliers to determine the requirements for transporting assigned equipment. Logistics priorities … “Safety, Service, Cost” … are used to determine the appropriate requirements. Information such as route of movement, delivery dates, weight, dimensions, hazardous material classification, HTS classification, transport equipment capacity and availability, etc. are used to evaluate requirements and develop alternatives.
• Determine Delivery Terms – Develop execution / implementation plan based upon the specified PO terms and /or Customer contract terms. As appropriate, specify that suppliers and/or customers perform to the identified requirements or make recommendations that terms be changed if necessary to meet internal goals for “Safety, Service, Cost”. Assure that Logistics Service Providers are aware of the Division of Responsibility. Assure all shipment documentation accurately reflects the appropriate terms. Assure “turnover” procedures are understood and communicated.
• Shipment Documentation and Labeling – Prepare as required, and assure that all shipment documentation and labeling is complete and accurate to reflect the requirements and terms as specified for the shipment.
• Prepare, Pack and Load for Transportation – Oversee as necessary the physical preparation, packing and loading of equipment onto transport equipment within the Division of Responsibility. Assure that suppliers provide required supporting information including, bills of lading, packing lists, pictures, carrier information, etc.
• Dispatch and Oversee Transport of Shipment – Arrange transportation, as required, with specified logistics service providers. Assure that appropriate transport equipment is available to meet pick-up requirements. Track shipments throughout the transportation process. Implement any corrective actions that may be required to support delivery needs. Coordinate as required for Marine Surveyor to observe shipment handling.
• Coordinate the Delivery Process – Provide the delivery site with advance planning information to assure preparedness for delivery. Information includes such documentation as ASN’s, packing lists, MSDS sheets, delivery date and time, lifting plans, etc. Participate in site readiness reviews as required.
• Freight Bill Payment – Assure that appropriate network activity numbers (charge numbers) are established to support planned shipments. Provide Logistics Service providers with appropriate charge numbers. Assist with processing of invoices as necessary to assure accuracy.
Ø Coordinate with the Logistics Lead to assure that the transportation budgets are maintained. Request quotes from Logistics Service Providers to establish and maintain budgetary amounts. Identify components that require creation of network activity numbers. Provide input on reasons for budget variances.
Ø Maintain the Logistics shipment schedule for assigned shipments. Coordinate with the Logistics Lead, Projects, SCM, Suppliers and the Project Site to assure accuracy and consistency.
Ø Assure appropriate execution of required procedures including: GAP 133, AP1000 RR, GAP 108 and GAP 113.
Ø Utilize systems to execute transactions and procedures including SAP, Atlas RFID, EEM and Logistics DB. Assure that SAP is accurately maintained and consistent with timing of transaction.
Ø Complete all required training requirements within the specified timeframe.
Ø Participate in process improvement procedures initiatives and procedural requirements such as CAPS.
Ø Support the Projects Delivery Stream organization as assigned.
Ø Solicit quotations and analyze contract proposals associated with moderately complex materials, equipment, components and services.
Ø Participate in risk assessment process with product groups to ensure organizational needs are met and optimized through Materials Requirements Planning Process.
Ø Establish pricing/delivery, terms and conditions to satisfy financial, quality and delivery requirements. Process purchase orders with moderate supervision, within limits of authority.
Ø Develop and maintain working relationships with suppliers and internal customers to maintain adequate sources of supply. Identify standard engineering, quality and administrative issues, assisting with resolution to fulfill internal and external procurement requirements on medium dollar contracts.
Ø Develop and implement processes and procedures to continuously monitor, control, store, ship and receipt all on site and off site inventories.
Ø Direct the emergency response process to respond to customer emergencies.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)