ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports all export and import compliance programs, policies, and practices to ensure company's compliance with US and foreign laws applicable to company's international business activities.
Conducts analytical reviews consistent with all applicable US and foreign regulations related to export control and the conduct of business internationally. Such reviews of information subject to US and foreign regulations may pertain to the design, analysis, and manufacturing of nuclear reactor components and systems, balance of plant systems, and the marketing, construction, operation and maintenance of such components and systems.
Assists with the determination of technology subject to the regulations specifically under the U.S. Department of Energy’s Part 810 regulations “Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities”, to the U.S. Department of Commerce regulations per 15 CFR Parts 730 to 774, the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) if applicable, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s regulations under 10 CFR 110, specifically in Appendix A.
The Export Compliance Analyst will work directly with the ECM to provide analytical expertise and determination of items subject to the regulations, and assist with all compliance duties that may be assigned.
Assists with entity screening per company procedures and consistent with best practices.
Assists with maintaining compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Trade Practices Act and with analogous laws of foreign countries in which NSP operates.
Assists with the management of existing export licenses and authorizations (general or specific).
Provides expert guidance and advice on DOE, NRC, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and where applicable, ITAR regulations.
Assists the ECM with maintaining compliance with 10 CFR 810 requirements, including the management of all granted Authorizations from NNSA in support of international marketing, sales, and technology transfers.
Completes timely analytical reviews and reporting of said reviews, in the current Export Controlled Information (ECI) tracking system and in CERTREC if applicable.
Maintains all records generated from analytical reviews, denied parties screening or other ECI duties in the appropriate company databases.
Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Business Acumen: A strategic thinker with good business perspective and an understanding of the company’s business. Able to function comfortably in political interactions.
- Problem solving: Decisive with good judgment. Identifies and resolves problems in an efficient and effective manner. Gathers and reviews information appropriately. Works directly with the ECM and the legal department in seeking input from other team members as appropriate for completing analytical tasks and assignments.
- Oral/written communication: Strong communication skills, externally and internally. Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information.
- Planning/organizing: Capable of managing all work assignments, especially in a high volume, quick turnaround environment. Plans work time effectively to meet internal tasking requirements. Able to work with minimal supervision on assigned tasks, while reporting back to the ECM and the legal department.
- Integrity: Demonstrates a high level of integrity and trust within the legal department and Company.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, adjusts to competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations.
- Safety and security: Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Experience: 4+ years of experience conducting analytical reviews of technical information in relationship to US and foreign laws related to the international business development for nuclear systems/components. Must also possess experience with all export control regulations “Trade Control Laws” including experience with the Export Administration Regulations, The Nuclear Regulatory Commission Export Regulations and the Department of Energy Export Regulations.
- Industry Requirements: Eligibility to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- Overall Job Knowledge and Performance: Requires professional business skills and the ability to execute on deliverables across multiple functions of the organization. Extensive experience with NRC and DOE regulations, particularly current 10 CFR 810 guidelines. This position will have limited direct supervision and will require to work mostly independently.
- Skills: Strong technical writing skills. Good communication, computer, presentation and interpersonal skills. Exceptional organization skills and ability to manage complex projects with multiple work phases.
Quality Assurance: Demonstrated understanding and implementation of quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)