This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for overall leadership and management oversight the project fleet. The work includes plant maintenance, modifications and outage services for an operating nuclear power facility.
· Provides project execution oversight and management for fleet nuclear maintenance, modification, construction, and decommissioning projects.
· Maintains ongoing relations with the building trades.
· Functions as a nuclear industry resource in the areas of Work Management, Outage Planning and Execution, and supervision of supplemental workforces.
· Drives “Zero Incidents” culture throughout the organization and provides safety leadership in support of all HSE programs and requirements.
· Provides oversight and direction for all activities that promote safety, quality, security, productivity, schedule, cost control and profitability.
· Aligns and integrates within the client organization to develop and implement strategy for overall mutual success.
· Maintains primary day-to-day relationships with clients at all levels to address the needs and improvements that achieve overall client satisfaction.
· Ensures contract compliance along with possible execution under different contract scenarios including pay-for-performance, cost reimbursable, lump sum, target price, etc.
· Monitors effective execution of project support functions to include safety, payroll, procurement, human resources, project administration, etc.
· Implements positive Project Controls processes and practices that address cost control, planning/scheduling, and estimating. Includes full alignment with client CMMS systems, client reporting requirements, and compliance with the prime contract and Fluor standards.
· Ensures successful and profitable performance to include positive client relationships, maximizing financial results, corporate compliance (OSR, OSIP and Power Services Toolbox), problem resolution, and achieving client goals.
· Ensures full implementation of effective change management processes including complete documentation and written client approvals.
· Continuously evaluates regional/project needs and promotes the full array of Fluor services to generate scope growth and provide up-sell opportunities.
· Provides leadership for training and people development throughout all fleet locations.
· Drives emphasis on continuous improvement and value creation in all client supplied services.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 15 – 20 years of project experience in the nuclear power industry.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Engineer, Construction Management or related discipline; or 19 - 24 years of industry experience.
· 8 - 15 years of current operating nuclear plant experience.
· 5 - 8 years as a manager in a nuclear maintenance & modification environment.
· Experience with union workforce.
· Knowledge of Human Performance and maintenance standards as it relates to an operating nuclear facility.
· Degree in engineering, construction management or similar discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated success in project execution, client relationships and profitability.
· History of successful safety performance.
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)